Gazetteer of the Persian Gulf - Part I A. Vol I.
Listen To E-Book Audio
Read E-Book Other Formats
J G Lorimer
1 - Part I A
Publisher and Place:
Calcutta : Superintendent Government Printing, India,
Royal Mughal Ref:
The Gazetteer of the Persian Gulf, Oman and Central Arabia is one of the most important European primary sources for the study of the modern Gulf region from the 17th to the early 20th century. The word Gazetteer was intended as handbook for British policy makers and agents in the area.
Theses two volumes make up Volume I, Part IA and Part IB (Historical) (pages i-778 and 779-1624) of the Gazeteer of the Persian Gulf, ’Omān and Central Arabia (Government of India: 1915), compiled by John Gordon Lorimer and completed for press by Captain L Birdwood. Part 1A contains an 'Introduction' (pages i-iii) written by Birdwood in Simla, dated 10 October 1914. There is also a 'Table of Chapters, Annexures, Appendices and Genealogical Tables' (page v-viii) and 'Detailed Table of Contents' (pages ix-cxxx), both of which cover all volumes and parts of the Gazetteer .
Parts IA and IB consist of nine chapters:
• 'Chapter I. General History of the Persian Gulf Region' (Part IA, pages 1-396);
• 'Chapter II. History of the ’Omān Sultanate' (Part IA, pages 397-629);
• 'Chapter III. History of Trucial ’Omān' (Part IA, page 630-Part IB, page 786);
• 'Chapter IV. History of Qatar' (Part IB, pages 787-835);
• 'Chapter V. History of Bahrain' (Part IB, pages 836-946);
• 'Chapter VI. History of Hasa' (Part IB, pages 947-999);
• 'Chapter VII. History of Kuwait' (Part 1B, pages 1000-1050);
• 'Chapter VIII. History of Najd or Central Arabia' (Part 1B, pages 1051-1178);
• 'Chapter IX. History of Turkish ’Iraq' (Part 1B, pages 1179-1624).
Thank You for your reviews
Ratings & Review
Thank You for Suggestion and replaced image with proper one.
This is not the same may be one of his great grand children ???