Muntakhab-i Mas̲navī-i sharīf
Library of Congress
Listen To E-Book Audio
Read E-Book Other Formats
Timur The Great 1370–1405
Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana
Publisher and Place:
Library of Congress Control Number 2013415525
Royal Mughal Ref:
Muntakhab-i Mas̲navī-i sharīf.
منتخب مثنوي شريف.
Selections of the Masnavi of Jalal al-Din Rumi.
Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, 1207-1273.
ʻArīf Jābirī, Shāh ʻĀlim Gharīb, scribe.
Created / Published
- Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- Title from colophon.
- Miyān Shāh ʻĀlim Gharīb ʻArīf Jābirī, sākin-i mawz̤aʻ-i Jalhārī Bahāʼikhān.
- Jalhārī Bahāʼikhān, India (now Pakistan).
- Paper: thick greyish Eastern paper and Eastern laid paper; scraps of paper, also containing writing unrelated to the text, glued on to either the top or bottom of pages to make them a uniform size for binding; some decoration at the end of sections; all pages written in double columns, some of which have single red borders; catch-words on rectos of some pages.
- Manuscript missing unknown number of leaves at beginning, between leaves 4 and 5, and between leves 12 and 13.
- First 12 leaves have numbered sections beginning with section 3. "Ḥikāyat-i Pādishāh-yi Jahūdān va ḥukmʹkardan-i ū" and ending with section 32; sections 5-21 missing.
- Nastaʻlīq; 17-18 lines in written area approximately 15.5 -8.5 cm.
- Decorative borders at end of some sections.
- Folios 1a-139b.
- Library of Congress. ... manuscript, 70.
- Front cover, spine, and unknown number of pages missing; back cover cardboard with remnants of original leather covering; almost completely disbound.
- Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- Colophon: تمت تمام شد منتخب مثنوي شريف بيد فقير حقير تقصير ميان شاه عالم عريف جابري ساكن موضع جلهاري بهائيخان ١٣٦١ ...
Thank You for your reviews
Ratings & Review
Thank You for Suggestion and replaced image with proper one.
This is not the same may be one of his great grand children ???
Rajasthan, Delhi and Agra are the jewels in India's crown. From fairy-tale palaces and epic forts to dizzying festivals and wildlife encounters, this is India at its unbeatable