Shah-nameh by Firdausi
Library of Congress
Listen To E-Book Audio
Read E-Book Other Formats
Subject Year (Time):
Publisher & Place:
Browne, E. G.
Library Of Congress Control No. 2012498868
Royal Mughal Ref:
- Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- Binder's title.
- Written in India.
- Paper: cream-color Eastern laid paper; black ink with with highly decorated major ʻunwāns; minor ʻunwāns in gold ink, now very faded; four columns enclosed in a thin red-blue-yellow border; text begins on folio 1b with rubrication and gold interlinear decoration up to folio 3a; folios 1b and 2a have elaobroate border of grape decoration in various shades of green and gold; catchwords on rectos.
- Browne, E. G. Literary history of Persia, v. 1, p. 110-123
- Nastaʻliq; 25 lines in written area 25 x 15.5 cm
- Full page paintings on folios 1a, 144a, 193b, 412b; half-page paintings on folios 10a, 10b, 127a, 157b, 193a, 230a409a; two small paintings in lower corners on folios 133a, 402a.
- Folio 1a-422a
- Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, 304/37.
- Early dark brown 20th century Library of Congress binding.
- Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
Thank You for your reviews
Ratings & Review
Very good information.
Shah Sharaf Barlas
If possible anyone have shijra family tree of Mughal Barlas traib of Attock Pakistan please share with me.