Johnson's Turkey in Asia: Persia Arabia &c. During Mughal Emperor Humayun II 1858-1877
Mirza Firuz Shah
Humayun II 1858-1877
"This map of the Middle East and Central and South Asia extending from the Nile Valley to the boundary of Afghanistan with British India is from Johnson's New Illustrated Family Atlas, published in New York in 1864. The map shows national capitals, provincial capitals, principal towns, and railroads. The Suez Canal, under construction at this time, is shown as proposed. The map provides a detailed overview of the towns and cities along the Nile in Egypt, Nubia (present-day southern Egypt and northern Sudan), and Sennar (present-day Sudan), and of the river's major cataracts.
Illustrations depict the port cities of Muscat in Oman and Trebizond and Smyrna in Turkey. Like many of the maps in Johnson's New Illustrated Family Atlas, this map originally was produced by J.H. Colton & Company of New York and displays the distinctive decorative border characteristic of most Colton maps." World Digital Library.
Johnson and Ward.
Created / Published
[New York] : Johnson and Ward, 
- Middle East--Maps
- Middle East
- "Chronological history of the Great Rebellion" on verso.
- Has a slip note stating "Johnson's New Ilustrated Family Atlas, John & Ward, New York, 1864."
- Includes illustrations depicting Muscat, Trebisond and Castle and Port of Smyrna.
- LC copy hand colored and stamped "626888."
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Shows good details of the towns and cities along the Nile in Egypt, Nubia, and Sennar (in Sudan).
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
1 map ; 27 x 38 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
G7420 1864 .J6
Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Dublin Core Record
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Your content has been submitted
Ratings & Review
Very good information.
Shah Sharaf Barlas
If possible anyone have shijra family tree of Mughal Barlas traib of Attock Pakistan please share with me.